IMPROVE THE PRODUCTION PROCESS OF YOUR BEET SUGAR FACTORY
- Cost-effective processes to produce higher quality sugar with better recovery
- Green deliming process with Applexion™ NRS (New Regeneration System)
- Increase of sugar yield from 85% to 95% & value adding by-products with FAST process
Novasep has developed solutions for your base process:
(1) Applexion™ NRS (New Regeneration System) is an efficient, fully automated, and cost effective ion exchange process for thin juice deliming.
(2) FAST, an innovative continuous chromatography for molasses separation. Moreover you earn additional betaine revenue.
GET A BETTER DELIMING SYSTEM WITH NRS PROCESS
With traditional beet sugar production process, the recovery yield, sugar purity and energy consumption are all impacted by the residual calcium in the purified juice.
Applexion™ NRS contributes to the improvement of both evaporator efficiency and sugar quality by producing low-Ca thin juice and reducing sugar turbidity.
Truly green, Applexion™ NRS doesn't generate any effluent production nor uses water or acid consumption and decrease energy needs for the evaporation step.
VALORIZE ALL YOUR CHROMATOGRAPHY FRACTIONS AND GET MORE REVENUE SOURCES WITH FAST SYSTEM
The FAST chromatography allows the fractionation of three valuable fractions:
- Sucrose Extract is the most valuable fraction from Chromatography separation. It is then crystallized to recover approx.. 10% additional sugar-in-the-bags.
- Natural Betaine is valorized and produced at a purity of 50% to 75%. Throught a licensing and collaboration agreement with an external partner, it is further enriched and commercialized as a valuable ingredient in animal feed or personal care products.
- Raffinate containing the rest of non-sugar, currently used as animal feed, fertilizer or beet pulp coating.
Consequently, FAST continuous chromatography is an eco-friendly solution for:
- Higher recovery of sugar: up to 95% yield
- Expansion projects and green field sugar factories avoiding the need of C-crystallization
- Betaine recovery from bioethanol vinasses.