For more than 4 decades, we have been designing, building and commissioning optimized industrial solutions for Microfiltration (MF), Ultrafiltration (UF), Nanofiltration (NF) and Reverse Osmosis (RO). We offer a full range of state-of-the-art technologies for CFF:
- Mineral membranes, modules and units for MF and UF
- Organic membranes, modules and units for UF, NF and RO
Our process development services can also design virtually any kind of challenging process, especially yours!
Our Kerasep® range of high-performance, ceramic membranes offers a large choice of geometries and cut-offs to meet your process requirements in viscosity, molecule size, impurity profile, purity and yield target, etc. as well as cleaning and sanitization procedures.
Our Kerasep ceramic membranes offer many advantages for industrial processes:
- Superior performance in a more compact design
- Ultra-resistant for extremely high durability
- Kerasep membranes are also highly resistant to back-pulse cycles
Improve the benefits of your membranes with Novasep’s Kerasep modules:
- Accomodates from 1 to 138 membranes
- High quality welding for longer durability and robustness
- A clever sealing technology with our proven Kerasep single-piece gasket: 15 years of use under industrial conditions, usable for many products and applications
- A more compact design to allow the flexibility to fit more membranes in the same space
- User-friendly and easy to maintain.
With a strong and recognized experience in membrane design, CFF process development, and industrial plant engineering, construction and commissioning, Novasep teams are able to provide you with complete and optimized CFF units.
Thanks to process modelling and engineering expertise, we design CFF units combining high-performance, efficient process integration and balanced CAPEX/OPEX. With our pilot units, and by performing in-depth feasibility studies focused on your objectives, we are able to deliver industrial solutions with guaranteed process performance.
Novasep’s Jumbo Skid is an innovative unit composed of 2 times more modules for the same space on the ground. This outstanding design brings interesting benefits for your process line:
- Largest filtration working area
- Optimized layout for a reduced footprint and CAPEX
Jumbo Skid exits in two sizes:
- 16 modules for an 8-module footprint
- 20 modules for a 10-module footprint
Organic membranes, modules and units
Organic membranes are polymer based and are the technology of choice for nanofiltration and reverse osmosis.
The Applexion™ NF 150 and NF 300 membranes are cost-effective organic spiral nanofiltration membranes, highly resistant and specifically well-adapted for industrial processes.
In addition to a large filtration area, you will benefit from:
- High resistance allowing you to use the membrane under harsh conditions including extreme pH (2-14), high temperatures (5-80°C) and operating pressures (5-20 bar)
- Excellent retention of high molecular compounds (colorants, divalent ions, etc.)
- High permeate flow rates from 5 – 10 m3/h
- Low energy consumption
- Easy to set up and maintain: membrane replacement is quick and easy by employing our user-friendly membrane extractor.
Modules & units
The tube housing is designed to receive 2 to 5 membranes per tube housing. Also designed to resist extreme pH, pressure, and temperature, it is compliant with the ASME pressure vessels code.
In addition, we can supply accessories such as:
- Tube housing accessories including end-plates, spacers and inter-connectors
- Membrane extractors to extract the membrane easily and safely
The principle of CFF and its applications
With Cross-flow filtration (CFF), also called Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF), the fluid flows tangentially to the filtration membrane instead of frontally passing through. The separation does not alter the product.
CFF is a very versatile technology that can be applied with adapted quality grades to most industrial applications:
- Bulk fermentation (antibiotics, food additives, ferments, enzymes…)
- Milk and dairy products
- Sugars, sweeteners and derivatives
- Beverages (beer, wine, water, fruit juice, etc.)
- Highly demanding pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical (vaccines) applications
Most types of process design can be implemented at industrial scale including concentration, diafiltration, batch and continuous mode.