Our Prochrom®-Bio low pressure chromatography columns and systems provide highly reliable and robust solutions, designed for industrial processes and heavy duty operations.
The range, very complete with lab- to large-scale equipment, includes:
- Chromatography columns up to 2,000 mm I.D.
- Smart packing units
- Efficient pumping/collecting systems
- In-line dilution systems
Prochrom®-Bio is a smart chromatography solution for biopharmaceuticals applications such as:
- Pre-purification and intermediate purification of insulin
- Vaccines and viruses
- Proteins such as monoclonal antibodies and blood/plasma fractions
Our low-pressure chromatography columns are designed for convenience and high-performance:
- Robustness: Prochrom®-Bio columns are recognized for their durability and reliability. We guarantee the performance and robustness of both our systems and processes.
- Performance: The flow distribution has been optimized with more than 25 years’ experience designing industrial chromatography equipment to reach the best chromatographic efficiencies with any media, maximizing the purity and recovery yield of your biopharmaceutical.
- Flexibility: Themotorized hydraulic piston provides the user with unparalleled flexibility during preparatory, manufacturing, cleaning and maintenance operations. The piston height can be adjusted independently in a few seconds by a single operator!
- Adaptability: Guaranteed high performance with all media and column heights.
Prochrom®-Bio Columns LP 300, 600, 1400 mm (internal diameter)
|Internal diameter (mm)||Max Bed volume (L)||Materials||Max operating pressure|
|Up to 5 bar|
Our columns can be customized on request.
Prochrom®-Bio packing units bring true advantages to the user by optimizing media slurry injection and minimizing time outside of manufacturing steps.
Combining the packing unit with any Prochrom®-Bio column provides the following benefits during packing, repacking in place and unpacking operations:
- Packing Time Optimization: Our unique packing units, coupled with our movable column piston allow the packing of any Prochrom®-Bio column in less than 25 minutes, no matter the gel.
- Homogeneous packing, right the first time: The packing is performed in upflow mode from the packing valves located on the bottom of the column, preventing settlement effect and ensuring better packing performance.
- No media waste: Inject the exact required volume of resin into the column without any additional margin and save up to 5 –10% slurry.
- Reproducible packing guaranteed with information tracking: Once the packing conditions have been defined, they are saved as a recipe and can be repeated automatically. The packing quality becomes operator-independent and reproducible.
- Quick unpacking: The unpacking operation is performed quickly and with very little buffer (2 to 3 CVs) thanks to the motorized piston which continuously reduces the remaining volume to be flushed. The recovered gel is still highly concentrated and can be reused immediately with no further retreatment.
Hipersep®-Bio systems are automated low-pressure buffer delivery modules for preparative chromatography in cGMP biopharmaceutical environments. These systems manage injection (buffer, product, etc.) into the chromatography column; detection and collection of the target fractions.
In combination with our Prochrom®-Bio columns, you get the best from low-pressure chromatography.
|Flow Rate Range
|15 - 120||50 - 500||200 - 1000||300 - 3000|
|Up to 5 bar|
|Fraction Collection||Up to 10|
|Dectection||Air, pressure, pH, conductivity, UV|
Our equipment includes advanced Process Analytical Technologies compliant with the FDA PAT guidelines, such as a high performance in-line dilution module, as well as smart fraction collection software, and a column back-flush valve enabling elution direction reversal into the column.
Hipersep®-Bio systems can be customized to meet specific needs, including:
- 5 to 10 additional collection valves for an increased flexibility
- Design for operation in explosive environment (ATEX/Ex-Proof)
- Integration of an in-line dilution module to reduce footprint, CAPEX and optimize buffer management
- Heat exchanger to control buffers temperature, especially adapted for temperature-sensitive purification or locations with difficult temperature constraints
Our in-line dilution technology enables our customers to directly prepare buffer from water and concentrated buffer solutions. This approach presents several benefits including:
- Footprint reduction: large storage capacity is no longer necessary
- CAPEX reduction: no need to invest in big storage tanks
- More flexibility: the buffer concentration can be adjusted directly
- Lower OPEX: use only the amount of buffer required
Our in-line mixing technology can be integrated in our technologies. It can also be supplied as a stand-alone unit (optional).
This equipment is custom made depending on your process and requirements. Please contact us to learn more.