Prochrom®-Bio low pressure chromatography columns and systems provide highly reliable and robust solutions, designed for all stages and scales of operation, from the development phase to large-scale commercial production. Our portfolio is well-suited for biopharmaceuticals applications such as:
- Pre-purification and intermediate purification of insulin
- Vaccines and viruses
- Proteins such as monoclonal antibodies, blood/plasma fractions and Tides.
Depending on molecule properties (size, charge, hydrophobicity, biorecognition), our product ranges allow for several purification techniques:
- Reverse Phase Chromatography (RP HPLC),
- Normal Phase Chromatography (NP HPLC),
- Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography (HIC),
- Ion Exchange Chromatography (Anion and Cation) (IEX),
- Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC),
- Affinity Chromatography (AC).
Prochrom®-Bio Columns LP 600, 800, 1200 mm (internal diameter)
Our low-pressure chromatography columns are designed for convenience and high-performance:
- Robustness: Prochrom®-Bio columns are recognized for their durability and reliability. We guarantee the performance and robustness of both our systems and processes.
- Performance: The flow distribution has been optimized with more than 25 years experience designing industrial chromatography equipment to reach the best chromatographic efficiencies with any media, maximizing the purity and recovery yield of your biopharmaceutical.
- Flexibility: Hydraulically actuated piston provides the user with unparalleled flexibility during preparatory, manufacturing, cleaning and maintenance operations. The piston height can be adjusted independently in a few seconds by a single operator!
- Adaptability: Guaranteed high performance with all media types and column heights.
|Inner diameter (mm)||150||200||300||450||600||800||1000||1200||1400||1600|
|Max. bed height (mm)||500||350 or 500|
|Tube material||Acrylic or Stainless Steel tubes|
|Max bed volume(L)||5,3||9,4||21||73||130||150||240||350||440||580|
|Pressure rated (bar)||5|
Our columns can be customized upon request.
Because chromatography is an important and ubiquitous unit operation in downstream bioprocessing, FDA inspectors are showing an increased interest in the reproducible packing characteristics of chromatography columns. Novasep provides two efficient packing systems, depending on the size of the column.
Elemental Packing, Simplified packing operation without compromising your performance
(from 150 to 300 mm ID columns)
For pilot-scale columns, Elemental packing reduces the tasks and the number of units to their strict minimum without compromising packing performance.
- One single packing method allows to save time.
- No column opening, actuated piston. As a result, column can be packed easier and safer.
- Number of operations is limited. Operator’s skill/experience is not critical for success.
- Elemental packing requires nothing more than the column, a buffer tank, a slurry tank.
- Simplified with dedicated tools. Save time and footprint.
Automated Packing, Operate your Downstream Chromatography Unit with Confidence
(from 450 to 1,600 mm ID columns)
Prochrom®-Bio Automated packing units bring true advantages to the user by optimizing media slurry injection and minimizing time outside of manufacturing steps. Combining the packing unit with Prochrom®-Bio column provides the following benefits during packing, repacking in place and unpacking operations:
- One single packing method allows to save time with simplified packing study.
- Repack-in-Place procedure.
- No dependance upon operator’s experience, Packing sequences are managed by the packing unit.
- Excellent reproducibility/repeatability, piston drop and packing valve closing are performed by the operator.
- No extra media is required for packing, Save up to 10% media during packing.
- No slurry concentration limitation.
- Undiluted unpacking procedure, save time and buffer during unpacking.
- Hoist-free, no need to move the column. The maintenance is performed at ground level and the number of spare parts is limited.
- Among the lightest and the smallest columns on the market.
Hipersep®-Bio systems are automated low-pressure buffer delivery modules for preparative chromatography in cGMP biopharmaceutical environment. These systems manage injection (buffer, product, etc.) into the chromatography column; detection and collection of the target fractions.
Our equipment includes advanced Process Analytical Technologies compliant with the FDA PAT guidelines, such as a high performance in-line dilution module, as well as smart fraction collection software, and a column back-flush valve enabling elution direction reversal into the column.
Hipersep®-Bio systems can be customized to meet specific needs, including:
- 5 to 10 additional collection valves for an increased flexibility
- Design for operation in explosive environment (ATEX/Ex-Proof)
- Integration of an in-line dilution module to reduce footprint, CAPEX and optimize buffer management
- Heat exchanger to control buffers temperature, especially adapted for temperature-sensitive purification or locations with difficult temperature constraints
In combination with our Prochrom®-Bio columns, you get the best from low-pressure chromatography.
Our in-line dilution technology enables our customers to directly prepare buffer from water and concentrated buffer solutions. This approach presents several benefits including:
- Footprint reduction: large storage capacity is no longer necessary
- CAPEX reduction: no need to invest in big storage tanks
- More flexibility: the buffer concentration can be adjusted directly
- Lower OPEX: use only the amount of buffer required
|Elemental packing, simplified packing operation without compromising your performance|
|BioSC™ Pilot designed for effective and consistent chemical and microbiological cleaning|
|Process Intensification and Continuous Bioprocessing by Novasep|
|Chromatography intensification strategies using multi-column process|
|BioSC™ Pilot & BioSC™ Lab technologies|
|Turnkey solution for continuous downstream bioprocess|
|Control Strategy in a Continuous and Intensified Bioprocessing|
|Process development using simulation software for Multi-Column Chromatography|